Tagging Clients on IGMay 1, 2023
I tagged a client on my IG image, and it worked; they want to use it for their socials. I don’t want to just hand over the image. How can I approach asking for compensation of some sort, and better yet, how can I translate this into an actual booking in the future?
Tagging clients on IG is one strategic door-opening marketing tool, but it is more of a way in vs. a way to sell that image. How?
- Usually, the social media manager will not have a budget to purchase image usage for IG.
- You’ve created the rare opportunity of having their attention for one response.
- Use this door-opener to get the “photography hiring” contact information.
- If your image is shared, get your name tagged to use this for your benefit.
- Take this experience as a conversation starter on LinkedIn, where you will talk to the correct potential clients.